Originally built in 1914 in a leafy suburb in Brisbane’s inner west, Audrey’s House has been lovingly restored and discretely extended at the rear. The cottage retains its original relationship with the street and original room arrangement as sleeping areas upstairs. Utilising the slope of the site and side access, car accommodation is recessed underneath. A bridge over a tropical garden and timber batten gate is the only hint of a contemporary living pavilion at the rear. The house is surrounded by mature trees with a northerly outlook to a green gully. A mature bottle tree and extensive native gardens are complemented by brick, recycled timber and corten steel detailing.
renovation and extension